I don't think I could have traveled any further before I would have started heading back...how can I check this? 36 hours of travel (24 in flight) one night rest + another 2.5 hour flight = waking up in the middle of the night (or your afternoon) with the worst leg cramps ever. I guess stretching isn't always enough.
Surprises:
Most people here use cars to get around. They drive on the left side of the road. At first, trying to get into the driver's seat was funny...I didn't realize how hard it is to break some habits.
The rainy season has started early. Therefore, it is not nearly as hot as I thought it would be. In fact, I'm not hot at all.
People do in fact speak English. However, I can't figure out how they choose to speak what language when. Many (most?) people are tri-lingual...so just when I think I'm about to hear something I can understand...the second part is told in Bahasa. I need to figure this language out fast.
Ok, postings in the future should be more coherent ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment