A blog. This is scarier than public speaking.
In exactly one week I leave for Malaysia via Alaska and Taiwan. Making this the farthest distance I've ever traveled. Already, plans have changed. Instead of spending two weeks in Kuala Lampur to acclimate and orient, I will spend one day in KL. During this time I will get to meet Tabea, a volunteer from Germany, who is heading north to the crisis center in Ipoh for three months. Together, we will meet the residents in the Teenage Center and, that same evening, I will fly to Sabah. On the 18th, the Sabah team will be working in collaboration with the Msian Bar Council to launch the MyConstitution Campaign. The Ipoh Echo explains "Issues such as Islamic versus Secular states, Article 153, Rights of Citizenship and the Perak Constitutional crisis of February 2009, had necessitated the Council to go back to basics – understanding the Constitution". What better way to get to know a country than through its constitutional struggles? I alternate between fear of the unknown and amazement.
Magda!!! I'm so excited for you! I know you will have a wonderful time. I hope that you stick to your blog so that I can stock you! And live vicariously through your adventures!
ReplyDeleteI miss you and hope to see you soon (even if it is Malaysia???)
Be safe and have fun!
LOVE LINDSAY!
Mucha suerte Magda!
ReplyDelete